Today and every day my most heartfelt “Thank You” for your service to our country. Those of you who have gone in harm’s way – and those who have not – have my deepest gratitude.
I know I’m late linking this, but this should be front of mind on a daily basis…well said, sir!
Today and every day.
I’ve been mulling over what I would post to memorialize those who gave all – after reading this I realized that what I wanted to say was wrapped up far better than I could say it.
“Memorial Day – It’s not a barbecue, some beer, a car race or a post party hangover. It’s a solemn day in which we remember those of courage who gave their all for something they believed in. Those that served their country and paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Go. Read. Remember.
Newly met blogroll denizens (some have been on the roll, just haven’t met them before):
- Brad Kozak – The Truth About Guns
- Bubblehead Les - No blog – c’mon, man! I know there’s a ton o’ stuff tryin’ to get out!
- David Codrea – Gun Rights Examiner
- Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks
- Frank W. James - CORN, BEANS, SPENT BRASS, AN EMPTY PAGE AND A DEADLINE
- Heath J from 18 wheels and a 1911
- John Richardson and his lovely wife from No Lawyers – Only Guns and Money
- Kathy Jackson – The Cornered Cat
- Laura(falnfenix) and Chris from insert witty title here
- Link P – Peace Love and Ammunition
- Old NFO – Nobody Asked Me
- TBolt - New Jovian Thunderbolt
- Tom/Daddy Bear - Daddy Bear’s Den
The usual suspects:
- Breda - The Breda Fallacy
- Chance - Say Uncle
- Jay G – Marooned
- Mike W - Another Gun Blog
- Nancy R (SH and SD, too) – Excels at Nothing
- Newbius* (and his lovely wife)
- Weerd - Weer’d World
Met Mom Fallacy and saw Mike from across the room, but never got to talk to him…and a ton of other bloggers that I only saw in passing. My feet are glad it was only three days, but a couple more days to visit would be cool – just close the show floor down and hang out and jaw!
Alan Gura, Alan Gottleib, John Lott and LTC Robert K. Brown? Wicked Smaht…all of ‘em. But then, so are the rest of the folks listed above – see y’all in St. Louis…
If I inadvertently left anyone out, please let me know…
*Oversight number one corrected (hangs head in shame and mutters to self)
- Dayyyyyummm my dogs are a-barkin’…
- Like some of the others have said, Pittsburgh was *not* ready for this…traffic/parking was horrendous. Had go across the river to find parking.
- Good-sized crowd – unfailingly polite. Gunnies are a good bunch of folks…
- Always cool to add to my “folks I’ve met” list – Old NFO and Frank W. James – and sightings of folks I met last year, too.
- Gonna have to get one of those leash/harness deals for Mom – she kept wandering off muttering “Ooooh, shiny…”
- Thought we’d go over to the Tilted Kilt, but bailed on it – too crowded and noisy for old folks – me included (heh).
- Back to the hotel, grabbed dinner, a little computer time and then time to retire…
Second and third orders of business…seeing gunny friends and gun Pr0n.
Lather, rinse, repeat…
Yes, that is borderline SQUEEE…
Windy as all get-out…check.
Must find food…
More to come…